The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Healthcare Business Analyst, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Healthcare Business Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
- Functions as an individual contributor and works under minimal supervision to develop and modify documentation related to complex projects and information systems
- Applies in-depth business analysis knowledge to review and analyze systems problems to identify solutions
- Develops and reviews use cases, workflow diagrams, and gap analysis to create and modify requirements documents and design specifications
- Develops and maintains business and functional process related XLC artifacts, such as Business Requirements Document, User Guide, and contributes as necessary to all XLC documents as needed, providing clear and concise requirements documentation to include business, functional, and non-functional requirements
- Analyzes user requirements and client business needs using standard procedures
- Identifies and manages scope of changes based on client requirements
- Ensures bi-directional traceability of requirements
- Supports testing, user acceptance testing, and implementation of information systems
- Tracks and reports status of work assignments
- Prioritizes and schedules work assignments based on the project plan, handling multiple tasks across project phases
- Creates and modifies straightforward Business Process Models
- Facilitates solution development to existing business problems
- Communicates issues and risks to manager or direct supervisor
- Functions as a subject matter expert for multiple modules
- Responsible for delivery of Detailed System Design Document (DSDD) for multiple modules
- Balances multiple projects.
- Participates in requirements management and design session activities.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and the technology teams
- Assists in supporting client presentations and demos (including navigating and facilitating the demo and presenting occasionally)
- Possesses unwavering commitment to customer service and operational excellence
- Keeps abreast of new technology and market developments (including federal regulations)
- Requests and gives both negative and positive feedback
- Provides guidance to less experienced business analysts, serving as a mentor to provide technical and business analysis guidance
- Assists junior Business Analysis staff in ensuring compliance with best practices and techniques
- Conducts knowledge transfer for junior Business Analysis staff on and provides training on new techniques and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with 7-11 years of business analysis experience (Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a closely related field.)
- Experience with Medicare encounters and claims.
- Experience working with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) development environment.
- Deep knowledge of EDI 837 transaction set layouts.
- Knowledge of CMS Risk Adjustment Suite of Systems (RASS).
- Experience with CMS eXpedited Life Cycle (XLC).
- Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience in healthcare industry.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Medicare Pricing.
- 5+ years of experience in exacting and documenting Systems business requirements.
- Domain knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, or healthcare verticals.
- Ability to elicit, document, analyze, and verify requirements.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to task and project changes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varying priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work within multiple groups of employees, willingly share time, knowledge and information with others.
- Understanding of the requirements management life cycle.
- Understanding of industry business analysis best practices.
- Flexibility in working under demands and needs of a project.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver to commitments.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize individual and team tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical impact, root cause, and corrective actions to team leads and management.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) (a plus)
- Provider Management and Enrollment System (a plus)
- Capable of leading analysis work and managing vendor relationships (a plus)
- SQL experience (a plus)
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus Offered - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job