Sr. Windows Systems Engineer, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Windows Systems Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Windows Systems Engineer to join their growing team in support of a federal healthcare enterprise environment, including medical research and administration. This contract provides a full range of infrastructure support to a federal agency including server architecture design & maintenance, application hosting and administration, providing fixes & upgrade patches, and ensuring cyber security compliance protections.
- Work hands-on designing and troubleshooting servers running Windows Server 2012 and 2016 in multi-tiered federal agency on-premises and cloud environments.
- Consult and assist developers to develop Windows server and application hosting solutions.
- Advanced engineering and administration of web and application servers including IIS and Apache.
- Debugging application and server performance issues.
- Monitoring servers along with resident applications and providing/implementing solutions.
- Installation and configuration of enterprise server software in a dynamic customer environment.
- Communicating with infrastructure, security, and agency leadership about work that is active, completed, and in backlog status.
- 10+ years of systems administration experience with Windows servers.
- Ability to work hands-on to design and troubleshoot Windows servers.
- Advanced experience with Active Directory.
- Advanced application hosting experience.
- Advanced experience with IIS web server administration.
- Understanding of server security and how it relates to applications security; including SSL/TLS.
- Familiarity with ITSM, SDLC, and DevOps.
- Experience with PowerShell, BASH, Perl, or other scripting.
- Strong communication skills and a self-motivated attitude.
- Ability to work with issue tracking software and independently resolve issues.
- Professional experience working in an enterprise data center environment with load-balanced, multi-tiered application infrastructures.
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure administration.
- Exposure to hardware load balancers such as F5 BigIP.
- VMWare experience.
- SolarWinds experience.
- Exposure to server management systems like BigFix or LANrev.
- Exposure to server and application deployment automation systems like Jenkins and Docker.
- Experience with server vulnerability remediation following agency, DHS, and/or DoD STIG guidelines including working with SSL, DNS, and cyphers issues.
- Undergraduate Degree (Preferred) or Equivalent.
One or more of the following certifications or Equivalent desired:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job