The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Linux Systems Engineer, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
Our client is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer to join their growing team in support of a Federal customer. This contract provides a full range of infrastructure support to a federal agency including server architecture design & maintenance, providing fixes & upgrade patches, and ensuring cyber security compliance protections.
- Work hands on creating, maintaining, and decommissioning servers across multiple versions and types of Linux in a federal agency cloud environment.
- Analyze the effect of OS patching on server contents/functionality and perform scheduled patching in concert with applications team and system owners.
- Experience working with web servers, supporting websites, and Content Management Systems like Drupal.
- Debugging application and server performance issues and, monitoring servers along with resident applications and providing/implementing solutions.
- AWS GovCloud environment-specific responsibilities including: architecture design, implementing load balancers, and troubleshooting EC2 Linux instances.
- Installation and configuration of enterprise development software.
- Hardening of server environments to agency, DHS, and/or DoD STIG guidelines including working with SSL, DNS, and cyphers issues.
- Communicate with infrastructure, security, and agency leadership about work that is active, completed, and in backlog status.
- Analyze specific system requirements and design modifications or deviations in hardware or software subsystems to implement user requirements and ensure cyber security.
- Design, maintenance, and troubleshooting of communications with SMTP and/or other mail protocols/server.
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience of Linux application and/or web servers.
- Ability to work hands-on to install, configure & maintain Linux servers.
- Strong Java, Tomcat, JBOSS, PHP, application hosting experience.
- Understanding of server security and how it relates to applications security.
- Familiarity with Agile development SDLC and DevOps.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with issue tracking software and independently resolve issues.
- Experience with supporting IA/Cybersecurity tasks and security accreditation packages.
- Experience with supporting system audits.
- Experience with vulnerability detection analysis.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing countermeasures to analyze & identify security risks/vulnerabilities in Linux-based systems and integrating security mitigation policies.
- Amazon Cloud and AWS administration.
- Experience installing/configuring Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and/or WebSphere.
- Some experience with Splunk, Nessus scanner & Trend Micro products.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Information Assurance Documentation such as ATOs and SSPs.
- Experience with Database Administration or database backups using Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL.
- Experience with supporting STIGs and creating STIG-compliant server environments.
- Windows systems administration including VMWare, IIS, and Database Servers.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred) or Equivalent
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job