Health VA Policy Lead, McLean, VA and Washington, DC
Our client is seeking a Health VA Policy Lead for a direct hire opportunity in both McLean, VA and Washington, DC.
Our client is currently seeking a Leader with Healthcare delivery and payment experience to support VA’s implementation of the Mission Act of 2018.
- Build understanding of impact of policy changes due to Mission Act and Care in the Community legislation.
- Build understanding of how health policy and data will be applied to legislation.
- Provide thought leadership and Subject Matter Expertise on engagements related to the VA Mission Act implementation.
- Partner with VA Executive-level sponsors, Portfolio leaders and SMEs to provide recommendations on how VA would optimize healthcare delivery, through VA and non-VA providers.
- Provide recommendations for integration and alignment of efforts at VA in support of the Mission Act (such as Electronic Healthcare, Financial Management and Supply Chain Modernization).
- Ensure the right analysis is performed and review the quality of the analysis to inform VA decision making.
- Partner with CVET Portfolio team to drive projects toward desired outcomes by understanding sponsor needs on an ongoing basis and bringing the right reach back SMEs/thought leaders to bear.
- The Senior Leader will apply analytical skills, and solution development techniques to deliver data-driven technical products to support VA in making timely complex policy and acquisition decisions, maximizing operational effectiveness and efficiency, and achieving highest quality recommendations and solutions for VA.
The Maintaining Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks (MISSION) Act will drive systemic changes to delivery of Veterans healthcare through realignment of services to support choice, coordination of care, facilities and personnel. Congress sought to drive changes while simultaneously supporting Veterans choice of providers and access to care. The legislation was informed by various reviews, most notably, the Commission on Care report. The MISSION Act compels significant activities to achieve compliance within one year of its enactment on June 6, 2018. These activities are primarily being undertaken by the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) with support from offices across the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and independent contractors. While these activities are underway, defining how they integrate and support the broader strategic change must be pursued in parallel. The legislation requires VA to develop a strategy towards achieving a high performing healthcare network and conduct quadrennial review. Further, the Secretary is required to submit a strategic plan to the appropriate Congressional committees by June 6, 2019, that specifies a 4-year forecast of:
- The demand for health care from VA, disaggregated by geographic area
- The health care capacity to be provided at each VA medical center
- The health care capacity to be provided through community care providers
The strategic plan is intended to address how the healthcare delivery system has addressed operational deficiencies as identified by numerous external studies and reports. Most notable are the recommendations of the Commission on Care issued in 2015 and the findings of the Government Accountability Office (GAO) which have designated the system as high risk.
- Build trusted partnership with key stakeholders and influence VA’s direction in achieving results that enable effective and efficient delivery of benefits and services to our Veterans.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt and evolve approaches within a rapidly changing environment.
- Leverage understanding of VA domain (processes, systems, and policies) to appropriately advise sponsors.
- Employ a keen intellectual curiosity to explore system and process improvements.
- Leverage creativity, innovation, business, and technical expertise and skills to provide recommendations and alternative solutions in response to sponsor requests.
- Assess risk, identify root issues and provide high quality, viable solutions for the sponsor.
- Execute strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to present technical results in an intuitive, actionable manner that can be understood by sponsor audiences, regardless of technical expertise.
- Lead a high performing team and effectively collaborate with the CVET Portfolio team and Department Head in the shared leadership model.
- Identify and work through integration opportunities to leverage the breadth and depth of the FFRDC experience and expertise.
- Proactively identify opportunities where the FFRDC can increase its value to the VA.
- 10+ years of Healthcare experience in the following areas:
- Healthcare delivery models
- Alternative payment models
- Public policy
- Health insurance delivery systems
- Value-based purchasing
- Strategic and operational planning
- Provider network management
- Revenue cycle management/improvement
- Strategic thinker with the ability to breakdown complex problems in to manageable pieces.
- Able to have an enterprise/holistic perspective.
- Proven experience to be a thought- partner with Executive-level sponsors
- Strong track record of working collaboratively in a shared-leadership model and influencing others.
- Experience balancing and meeting multi-stakeholder demands in a rapid-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience building trusted relationship with customers.
- Successful track record of leading high performing teams.
- Strong track record of leaning-in, being agile and adaptable, and willing to learn in complex environments.
- Minimum: BS in Health Policy, Health Services Management, or related fields.
- Masters, Business Administration, Health Policy or related field.
- VA domain knowledge to include experience working in the VA environment and familiarity with VA systems, processes and policies.
- Six or more years’ experience working with/for agencies and/or departments of the US Government.
- Experience in a consulting environment.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job