The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Test Engineer Level 3, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Test Engineer Level 3 for a contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Looking for local candidates who can participate in an on-site interview.
Our client is looking to hire a Level 3 Tester as part of the Health Services Business Unit. The candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary matrix team and will be responsible for functional, performance, 508 compliance and security test activities.
- Functions as a senior member of the team for QA related project activities. Interfaces with developers, business analysts, and other teams.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Design, implement, and conduct test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Develops, executes, maintains, and upgrades functional and regression test cases.
- Writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing.
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Duties will include creating test cases, execution, defect reporting, defect tracking and reporting tasks following an Agile and Waterfall software development methodology.
- Actively works with project managers, portfolio managers, business analysts, and development leads on a regular basis to identify projects and development efforts that may require QC support.
- Participates in project-level planning and reviews and approvals sessions, which includes business requirements and Application Software/Requirements/Design review meetings.
- 7 to 9 years of experience in UAT, functional testing, system testing, regression testing, and integration testing.
- 7 to 9 years of experience with test and defect management tool such as Micro Focus ALM (HP ALM), Targetprocess.
- Solid understanding of QA Methodologies.
- Identify, diagnose, report, and assist developers in resolving defects.
- Demonstrated ability to work on highly complex projects under extremely tight timelines
- Writing detailed test plans and test cases for functional and regression testing.
- Able to shuffle multiple projects and requests for testing resources.
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
- Experience in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude; Strong dedication to customer service.
- Strong analytical (ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions), organizational and communication skills.
- Strong desire to succeed and contribute individually and as a member of a team.
- Collaborate with the PM and project team members to plan the testing activities required to ensure quality for multiple cross dependent projects, including functional test needs as well as Security, 508 Compliance, and Application Performance test needs
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of progressive IT experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Proficiency in the use of Micro Focus ALM (HP ALM), Targetprocess, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Identify and propose opportunities for improved performance and increase effectiveness/efficiency.
- Supervise junior testing staff and perform mentoring/coaching as needed to ensure quality system testing across teams.
- Capable of translating and presenting technical concepts into practical business terms for leaders in both small and large group settings.
- Excellent communications skills to work with business & developers to properly engineer & present testing objectives.
- Experience with QTP/UFT testing tool.
- Experience with LoadRunner and Performance Center
- Experience with IT Federal contracting.
- Experience in the Health Industry.
- Experience developing test cases, execute, generate evidence files, defect tracking.
- Holds active certification in any Software Testing.
- Growth-oriented with a sincere desire for self-betterment.
- ISTQB or CSTE certification preferred
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job